Ninh Binh What to do? – Suggested Ninh Binh Itinerary 2 days 1 nights
This is the seventh time I have visited Ninh Binh. I still feel overwhelmed by the deserted natural beauty and spectacular scenery of this land. Ninh Binh is actually a combination of beautiful landscapes and mysterious historical relics.
I think that the setting of the American film called Kong: Skull Island makes Ninh Binh more familiar to tourists. My opinion is that Ninh Binh is worth visiting at least one time in your life. However, a problem occurs that the ticket price is so expensive. So what’s the reason? Why do foreign tourists come back Ninh Binh less than other despite its spectacular landscape?
My post of Ninh Binh what to do will include these parts:
- Experiences during Ninh Binh visit
- Suggested Ninh Binh Itinerary 2 days 1 night
- Day 1: Hanoi- Ninh Binh- Tam Coc- Bich Dong- Mua Cave- Rice paddy field- Hanoi Old Quarter
- Day 2: Trang An- Bai Dinh Pagoda
3. Expenditure for Ninh Binh visit 2 days 1 night
1. Experience during Ninh Binh visit
Best time to visit
Ninh Binh what to do depends much on the weather and season in Ninh Binh. For visit, you can visit at any time of the year. However, tourists should pay attention to some beautiful periods such as yellow rice paddy fields in Tam Coc in the early June.
Ninh Binh is about 100 kilometers from Hanoi to the south so tourists can travel by motorbike and private car. If you want to experience the feelings of exploring Ninh Binh’s sceneries in your own way, you should ride a motorbike or rent a VIP limousine to Ninh Binh, from which you can hire a motorbike to other local landscapes. Therefore, your health will be ensured and it somehow helps to develop the local economy. Nowadays, you can book a Limousine bus to pick tourists up to the hotel with the price of 130.000 VND/person. I booked Binh Minh company with the phone number 0922073293 and Kien Giang motorbike company in Ninh Binh city with the price of 150.000 VND and the phone number of 0914984458.
To experience the whole beauty of almost all Ninh Binh sceneries, a trip 3 days 2 nights is very suitable. However, the itinerary of 2 days 1 night is an ideal option for the weekends.
In Ninh Binh, there are three addresses. If you want to travel and use public transportation, you should live in the urban area or if you love experiencing the lifestyle of Northern areas, you should stop by Tam Coc, in which you can try many environmentally- friendly kinds of homestay with the Bungalow style. The third address is Bai Dinh Hotel located in the area of Bai Dinh Pagoda. For those who enjoy observing the mysterious beauty of Bai Dinh Pagoda at night, this is your most suitable option. You can use Booking.com to choose and book a room for your trip as it is convenient for cancelling, exchange rooms and paying in charge of free. Or you can book Ninh Binh tour 2 days 1 night Combo with a reasonable price.
What to eat
Eating can’ be missed in your list of Ninh Binh what to do. On the journey to Ninh Binh, people often remind of a specialty called “de nui” (mountainous goat meat). This is a must-try dish of Ninh Binh since the goat meat is more delicious and unique than others. The restaurant I tried, Huu Nghi Restaurant offered good dishes and discounts for tourists. You can call the manager of Huu Nghi Restaurant named Mr. Cuong Nguyen through the telephone number: 0989 283 562. Huu Nghi Restaurant has two branches: The one near the entrance of Trang An and the other located between Trang An and Bai Dinh.
2. Suggested Ninh Binh Itinerary 2 days 1 night – Ninh Binh What to do?
I’ve made my own itinerary by reseaching famous Ninh Binh Tours. For more itineraries and tours, click on: https://azlocaltrip.com/ninh-binh/tours/
Day 1: Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Tam Coc – Bich Dong – Mua Cave – Local Paddy Fields – Hanoi Old Quarter
In the morning
– 6:00: I booked Limousine to pick me from the restaurant instead of riding my motorbike to Ninh Binh.
– 7:30: With the price of 150.000 VND, the car dropped me off at the hotel in Tam Coc. I chose Tam Coc Bungalow with the view to Ngo Dong River, but I only booked a bunk bed which costs just 6$ including breakfast. Besides, Bungalow has private rooms and family ones with a beautiful view to Ngo Dong River and gardens.
– 7:30-8:00: I had a breakfast and sipped a cup of coffee in Bungalow. I love travelling in my own way so I hired a motorbike to actively move and travel Ninh Binh.
– 8:00- 11:00: After having breakfast, I transferred to the ferry station and bought a ticket to visit Tam Coc. The price includes: Ticket for sightseeing: 120.000 VND and the ferry ticket: 150.000 VND (a boat for three guests). Normally, the time to take a tour takes approximately 2 hours. However, I asked the boatman to stop in some beautiful places to enjoy the whole beauty of Tam Coc, so the time lasted more than three hours. At the end of the boat trip, I tipped for him 100.000 VND.
– 10:00- 11:30: Leaving the ferry station, I visited Bich Dong Pagoda which is about 2 kilometers from the ferry station.
Bich Dong Pagoda is viewed as “Vietnam’s second nicest grotto” to Huong Tich Pagoda in Ha Tay. Bich Dong Pagoda is modelled after the style of the word “Triple” in Chinese with three floors along the mountain sides, which forms 3 distinct pagodas: Ha, Trung and Thuong.
Ha Pagoda has 5 compartments which are built in a high position of the mountain’s foot. The floor of Ha Pagoda is a curved one with 8 floors. All of the rocky pillars are more than 4 meters high.
Trung Pagoda Bich Dong is a unique pagoda with one haft attached to the cave and another one in the sky. Inside Trung Pagoda are well-arranged Buddhist statues.
From Ha Pagoda, following 120 steps is Trung Pagoda, which is located in the middle of Ngu Nhac Mountain. Trung Pagoda has a position full of obstacles.
From Trung Pagoda, I moved about 6 meters to Dark Cave. This is a main, tranquil and long cave. Dark Cave is on the second floor with the height of 8 meters. The way leading to Dark Cave is straight below Giai Oan Bridge.
From Dark Cave, travelling about 40 stone steps, I reached Thuong Pagoda, also called West Pagoda. This is the pagoda located in the highest position near Bich Dong Mountain.
At midday: I came back to check in Bungalow hotel and had lunch. Then relax at Bungalow.
In the afternoon
– 14:00-16:00: I got up at 14:00 and started trekking to Mua Cave. Mua Cave is ust another Ninh Binh what to do and must see destination. Just 3 kilometers from Tam Coc ferry station. To get the peak of Mua Cave, tourists have to climb about 489 stone steps. To me, it’s easy☺. Actually, I came up to my expectation when I viewed the whole beauty of Tam Coc and Ninh Binh City. The entrance price is 100.000 VND/person.
– 16:00- 17:00: I came back Tam Coc and drove around the village opposite Bungalow. I had a chance to enjoy the local beauty, the flavor of rice and the whisper of the wind. In here, there are many foreign tourists use motorbikes like me.
In the evening
– 18:00: I came back my booked hotel and visited Tam Coc ancient town to drink beer and chat with strange people.
– 22:00: I came back Bungalow and went to sleep. The night of Ninh Binh made me remember my childhood with the sound of crikets.
Day 2: Trang An – Bai Dinh Pagoda
In the morning (7:00-8:30): I got up to have a breakfast in Bungalow Café (the price is free). My itinerary for today was visiting Trang An in the morning and Bai Dinh in the afternoon. Generally, Tam Coc and Trang An are relatively similar as they all bring tourists experience in travelling Ngo Dong River, however, Trang An is longer and has more tourist destinations.
9:00-21:00: Trang An ferry station is more than 10 kilometers from Tam Coc. I rode my motorbike across Mua Cave, which lasted about 15 minutes. The ticket price is 200.000 VND/person including visiting ticket and boat one. There are three options for Trang An Tour:
+ Route 1: I visited the system of caves with a variety of unique and strange shapes such as Toi Cave, Nau Ruou cave, Sinh Cave, Ba Giot Cave and Dia Linh Cave.
+ Route 2: Visit Kong’s setting and take photos in the aboriginal village, one of the main scenes of a Hollywood’s blockbuster called Kong: Skull Island”.
+ Route 3: Trinh Temple- May Cave- Tien Stream- Dia Linh Cave- Dai Cave- Vu Lam Palace- King Kong’s setting
Sometimes, everyone chooses route 2, which will provide a trip to many caves and Kong’s setting. The plus point of this route is time-saving. I chose route 3, the longest route as I could visit May Cave which is deep but so beautiful.
At midday: Invited to enjoy Ninh Binh’s goat meat of a cousin, I transferred from Huu Nghi Restaurant to Trang An ferry station, which is about 5 kilometers from Bai Dinh Pagoda.
Dishes made of goat meat are very mouthwatering with a reasonable price. An average serving ranges from 130.000- 150.000 VND/person depending on the number of dishes and guests. The owner of the store is a very enthusiastic and sociable of Ninh Binh locals. He willingly shared us some tasteful dishes and the recipe to make goat food.
In the afternoon: A visit to Bai Dinh Pagoda – The largest spiritual tourist area in Vietnam. Bai Dinh Pagoda is the one which achieves lots of records of Vietnam and Southeast Asia.
To visit Bai Dinh Pagoda, you have to park your motorbike in the parking area below. You can choose to walk from the parking area or travel by e-car with the price of 30.000 VND/person. The price for a visit to Stupa Bai Dinh Pagoda will cost 50.000 VND/person with the time maximum of 2 hours. Main attractions are La Han Statue, the Well of Pearls, Stupa and Outdoor Buddhist Statue.
17:00: Tourists get into vehicles and come back Hanoi
19:00: When coming back Hanoi, Ninh Binh visit 2 days 1 night ends here.
Note: If you have to work until the afternoon of Saturday, you can start after work at 12 and 13 o’clock, then you can visit Tam Coc and Mua Cave in the afternoon. The next day, you can skip Trang An and head to King Dinh and Le Temple, Tuyet Tinh Coc or Thung Nham, Van Long Lagoon, Phat Diem Cathedral.
Thank you for reading our sharing of Ninh Binh what to do and my suggested 2 days 1 night in Ninh Binh. Hope you have a enjoyable trip to this beautiful landscape.